Mental Health & Wellbeing Policy
The purpose of this policy is for AB2K Ltd to establish, promote and support the mental health and general wellbeing of all staff through workplace initiatives and by encouraging staff to take responsibility for their own mental health and general wellbeing.
As a business we believe that the mental health and wellbeing of our staff is key to their social wellbeing, physical health and our organisational success.
- To build and maintain a working environment and culture that supports mental health and wellbeing and prevents discrimination (including bullying and harassment).
- To raise employee awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues
- To reduce stigma around depression and anxiety in the workplace.
- To develop initiatives and encourage participation of our employees and managers to support mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- To continue to provide training and guidance to our current and future mental health first aiders.
This policy applies to all staff regardless of the method of engagement.
All staff are encouraged to:
- understand this policy and seek clarification from local management if required.
- consider this policy while carrying out their duties and during interactions with colleagues and customers.
- support work colleagues in their awareness of this policy.
- report any concerns confidentially to a nominated mental health first aider or the Human Resources team.
- support and contribute to achieving AB2K Ltd.’s aim of providing a healthy and supportive environment for all staff.
All employees have a responsibility to:
- take reasonable care of their own mental health and wellbeing, including physical health.
- take reasonable care that their actions do not affect the health and safety of other people in the workplace.
Managers have a responsibility to:
- ensure that all workers are made aware of this policy
- actively support and contribute to the implementation of this policy, including its objectives
- manage the implementation and review of this policy and workplace initiatives organised to achieve our objectives
- attend and positively contribute to all training organised in the promotion of mental health awareness.
AB2K Ltd will ensure:
- all employees receive a copy of this policy during the induction process
- this policy is readily available via the company documented management system and notice boards
Monitoring and review
AB2K Ltd will review this policy annually from the date of implementation. Effectiveness of the policy will be assessed through feedback from staff and managers.
YOU’RE HIRED! Quattro celebrates the graduation of apprentice rail plant fitters, Jamie Powles, 21 and Daniel Molloy, 22. Daniel Molloy - Cambuslang…
Jimmy Campbell started work aged fifteen in the Middle East, as a fitter. His job took him to exotic locations including America, Singapore and Africa…
In Cambuslang there was much anticipation amongst the cranespotters today as Brian and Richard from Liebherr Sales dropped off a new addition to the road…
AB2K have upgraded its fleet with six new flagship Volvo FH16 750 Globetrotter XL tractor units. Delivered by long-term Quattro Group supplier Truck and…
Summer has arrived in Cambuslang and to celebrate AB2K is offering 10% off all crane contract hires to new customers for the entire month of June. With a…
A few words from Melanie Webb, HR Manager, Quattro/AB2K Good morning As some of you may be aware, May 10th to 16th is Mental Health Awareness Week. The…
AB2K successfully secure funding under the CITB Leadership and Management Development Fund.
The changes we are making to help keep our teams and the wider community safe during the Coronavirus outbreak
Huge congratulations to Sam Christie, Assistant Transport Manager based at the AB2K Cambuslang depot, who is celebrating passing his CPC Transport Manager…
Quattro Group announced today that it has acquired the assets of Wrexham-based Road Rail Cranes Ltd.
We’re delighted to unveil to newest additions to our fleet, four brand new JCB 3CX backhoe loaders.
With a quarter of a century of plant hire under our belts, it’s a day of celebration here at AB2K!
We’re delighted to announce that the AB2K team will be attending Rail North of the Border on March 5th.
Congratulations are in order for Quattro Group’s Sarah Bartlett, who has just graduated with her Level 5 CIPD Human Resource Management.
AB2K is delighted to have taken delivery of two new Liebherr telescopic mobile cranes.
Christmas has come early for AB2K, with a brand-new website and logo launching just in time for the new year.
Enjoying a successful season in the British GP2 Championship with Mason Law, where they have scored two victories and eight podiums, ABM are already…
September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day. Sobering statistics from the Office of National Statistics found that between 2011 and 2015, 13.2% of the…
The award, which recognises the exciting Mad Vax vacuum excavation system, was presented at the Network Rail awards, held on Wednesday night at Rail Live.
AB2000 is proud to be exhibiting at the Rail North of the Border Conference and Exhibition.