Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Policy
The Directors of AB2K Ltd. understand the importance and embrace the benefits that our Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems bring to the company.
We will set measurable objectives and targets for quality, environmental and health & safety and monitor their progress periodically. Through this approach we will establish a framework for continuous improvement in the service we provide to our customers, in the reduction of waste and pollution and in our health and safety management and performance.
AB2K Ltd. is committed to:
- Meeting the specified requirements and expectations of our customers in all areas in which we work including construction and the railways and thereby being the first choice for existing and new customers in the provision of plant.
- Understanding the needs of all interested parties that may impact on our business.
- Achieving compliance with all necessary regulations and legislation along with those related to health and safety and the environment.
- Achieving compliance with specific industry standards such as Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS), Network Rail Plant Operating Scheme (POS), Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS), etc.
- Provision of a place of work where we will prevent injury or ill-health of all our employees, independent contractors and the general public, so far as it is reasonably practicable.
- Providing our employees with the ability to report any incidents, safety concerns, close calls or near misses through our central control number, 0845 900 2999 or through CIRAS Confidential Reporting for Safety, 0800 4 101101.
- Protecting the environment in terms of reducing waste, pollution, spillages and noise along with managing the life cycle of plant, equipment and other physical assets from receipt to disposal.
- Achieving accredited certification of our management systems in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and adopting the principles of ISO 45001.
- Maintaining an integrated documented management system that provides the necessary controls in support of the above recognised management system standards.
- Providing the necessary resources to meet the requirements and expectations of our customers along with meeting our obligations regarding health and safety of all interested parties and to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Periodic review of this policy to ensure its continued relevance
In addressing the above commitments, we will:
- Identify and manage our business risks.
- Identify and manage those aspects that have an impact on the environment
- Identify and manage risks related to the health and safety of all those working for AB2k Ltd.
This Policy will be reviewed annually as a minimum, or following any significant changes to client/industry requirements, standards, legislation or regulations.
Reviewed by: Norman Charters
John Murphy, Date: 8th June 2020
Managing Director Date of Next Review: 8th June 2021
We were all devasted to learn of the passing of our great friend and colleague Kram Jittla last month.
The changes we are making to help keep our teams and the wider community safe during the Coronavirus outbreak
Huge congratulations to Sam Christie, Assistant Transport Manager based at the AB2K Cambuslang depot, who is celebrating passing his CPC Transport Manager…
Quattro Group announced today that it has acquired the assets of Wrexham-based Road Rail Cranes Ltd.
We’re delighted to unveil to newest additions to our fleet, four brand new JCB 3CX backhoe loaders.
With a quarter of a century of plant hire under our belts, it’s a day of celebration here at AB2K!
We’re delighted to announce that the AB2K team will be attending Rail North of the Border on March 5th.
Congratulations are in order for Quattro Group’s Sarah Bartlett, who has just graduated with her Level 5 CIPD Human Resource Management.
AB2K is delighted to have taken delivery of two new Liebherr telescopic mobile cranes.
Christmas has come early for AB2K, with a brand-new website and logo launching just in time for the new year.
Enjoying a successful season in the British GP2 Championship with Mason Law, where they have scored two victories and eight podiums, ABM are already…
September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day. Sobering statistics from the Office of National Statistics found that between 2011 and 2015, 13.2% of the…
The award, which recognises the exciting Mad Vax vacuum excavation system, was presented at the Network Rail awards, held on Wednesday night at Rail Live.
AB2000 is proud to be exhibiting at the Rail North of the Border Conference and Exhibition.