Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Policy
The Directors of AB2000 understand the importance and embrace the benefits that our Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems bring to the company. We will set measurable objectives and targets for quality, environmental and health & safety and monitor their progress periodically. Through this approach we will establish a framework for continuous improvement in the service we provide to our customers, in the reduction of waste and pollution and in our health and safety management and performance.
AB2000 is committed to:
- Meeting the specified requirements and expectations of our customers in all areas in which we work including the railways and thereby being the first choice for existing and new customers in the provision of plant.
- Understanding the needs of all interested parties that may impact on our business.
- Provision of a place of work where we will prevent injury or ill-health of all our employees, independent contractors and the general public, so far as it is reasonably practicable.
- Protecting the environment in terms of reducing waste, pollution, spillages and noise along with managing the life cycle of plant, equipment and other physical assets from receipt to disposal.
- Achieving compliance with specific industry standards such as Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS), Network Rail Plant Operating Scheme (POS), Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS), etc.
- Achieving compliance with regulations and legislation related to the supply of plant to the railways and other industries, along with those related to the environment, and health and safety.
- Achieving and maintaining accredited certification of our management systems in accordance with ISO 9001 and adopting the principles of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Maintaining an integrated documented management system that provides the necessary controls in support of the above recognised management system standards.
- Providing the necessary resources to meet the requirements and expectations of our customers along with meeting our obligations regarding health and safety of all interested parties and to reduce our impact on the environment.
- Periodic review of this policy to ensure its continued relevance.
- Providing our employees with the ability to report any incidents, safety concerns, close calls or near misses through our central control number, 0845 900 2999 or through CIRAS Confidential Reporting for Safety, 0800 4 101101.
In addressing the above commitments, we will:
- Identify and manage our business risks.
- Identify and manage those aspects that have an impact on the environment
- Identify and manage risks related to the health and safety of all those working for AB2000.
This Policy will be reviewed annually as a minimum, or following any significant changes to client/industry requirements, standards, legislation or regulations.
Reviewed by: Melanie Webb
John Murphy, Date: 10th June 2019
Managing Director Date of Next Review: 2nd June 2020
Congratulations are in order for Quattro Group’s Sarah Bartlett, who has just graduated with her Level 5 CIPD Human Resource Management.
AB2K is delighted to have taken delivery of two new Liebherr telescopic mobile cranes.
Christmas has come early for AB2K, with a brand-new website and logo launching just in time for the new year.
Enjoying a successful season in the British GP2 Championship with Mason Law, where they have scored two victories and eight podiums, ABM are already…
September 10th is World Suicide Prevention Day. Sobering statistics from the Office of National Statistics found that between 2011 and 2015, 13.2% of the…
The award, which recognises the exciting Mad Vax vacuum excavation system, was presented at the Network Rail awards, held on Wednesday night at Rail Live.
AB2000 is proud to be exhibiting at the Rail North of the Border Conference and Exhibition.